Monday, February 8, 2010

New Goodies!

I received a shipment from Bramble Berry today and I can hardly contain myself! I got 10 pounds of clear base, a mica sampler (used to color the soaps) and teeny tiny mica measuring spoons. Very fun!

I melted down some previously made soaps just to add mica to them and WOW! It's amazing the difference just a little bit of extra color and shimmer can make. Which color is your favorite? I'm really excited to see how the golds and iridescent greens turn out.

Mica is just a type of mineral that is ground very finely and polished like any other gem or mineral to make it pretty and then can also be coated with other minerals. To read more about mica click here. Here are some pictures of mica before it's been processed (bottom) and mica as I get it for use in my soaps(top)!

Once I get a good chance to play with all these colors I'll post some pictures of soaps with and without mica. I'm not sure how well it will show up on a computer screen, but we'll give it a shot!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment