Thursday, February 18, 2010

Embed Crazy!

After a trip to a gem show in Tuscon, my father-in-law brought back the idea of selling gems with soaps, either embedded or as lathering agents...so, in order to make it fit into our budget I took a trip to the craft store and couldn't wait to start soaping!

I started by embedding other soaps, with great direction from Anne Marie - just find any shape cookie cutter or soap mold and your on your way to embedding . One important this to remember when embedding soaps, is to use non-bleeding micas (I, of course, prefer BrambleBerry micas). Below are a few of my favorite examples of soaps embedded in soaps.

Finally, I started embedding objects into the soap. In order to do this, it's necessary to pour one layer of soap and let it set up. Spray with alcohol, embed the object and pour the final layer of soap. Below are a few of my favorite examples of objects embedded in soaps. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment